Maine governor offers job to ex-Trump aide accused of domestic abuse

Maine governor offers job to ex-Trump aide accused of domestic abuse

The governor of Maine offered to hire back a former staffer and recent Trump aide who left the White House in disgrace when accusations that he had abused his wife were about to become public.

Republican Gov. Paul LePage said during an interview that he was “100% behind” former aide David Sorensen — who left the White House last month just before an explosive Washington Post stay was printed.

“I told him if he wants to come back, he’s got a job,” LePage said during an interview with radio host Howie Carr on Friday.

LePage also said he does not believe the abuse allegations from Sorensen’s ex-wife, Jessica Corbett.

The woman told the Washington Post in a February article that Sorensen was violent and emotionally abusive during their more than 2 years married together.

Some of disturbing accusations from Corbett are that Sorensen ran a car over her foot, put out a cigarette on her hand, threw her into a wall, and grabbed her by the hair while they were alone on a boat off the coast off Maine.

White House spokesman Raj Shah said when they learned of the accusations Sorensen was “immediately confronted.” He denied the allegations but resigned.

As for LePage, the governor has taken a hard line on domestic abuse in the past — when it related to an NFL player.

When Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice was given a paltry two-game suspension for a domestic violence arrest in 2014, Le Page wrote a letter to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

“Taking thugs and wife-beaters off the field may be bad for business, but you are playing games with people’s lives,” he wrote.

Also, while appearing on a radio show, LePage said, “As a matter of fact, the team should have taken him out in the back shed and taken care of him.”

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
wpDiscuz